Monday, January 14, 2013

Letters are going out this week!


We are very excited!!!  Our support letters are going out this week!  If you don't get one and would like to, please let me know.

"Commit your work to the Lord and your plans will be established."  ~Proverbs 16:3




January 13, 2013  
                                                                                                                                                            
Dear Friends and Family ~

As time passes, it becomes more apparent to me that God has a magnificent way of using the ugliness of life to bring Himself glory.  If you are one of my more recent friends, you know that I light up whenever someone speaks of missions, but it hasn't always been that way.  Having been brought up as a missionary kid, I was sure I would choose a different life for myself.  It seems though, that the older I get, the more I feel this call on my heart for missions.  It is a yearning to share the gospel with those that have not heard.  It is a deep ache for the children that are hungry and without a home.  It is a fight in my soul to stand up for the girls and boys that have been abused and neglected.

When God told Moses to go to Pharaoh, his first response was that the people would not listen.  He claimed he didn't have the ability to speak.  When Jesus told the disciples to feed the crowds with the boy’s lunch, they questioned how they were supposed to feed so many with so little.  But, this is the same God that spoke and the universe was created.  This is the same God that took my mess of a life (a sinful child from a dysfunctional home, an insecure adult with an inability to trust anyone, and a broken marriage that had turned to ashes) and made something beautiful out of it.  I have such little faith and so many excuses, but I've witnessed miracles in my own life and I know that my God can use even this lump of clay for His glory.

One of our greatest ministries in life is to raise our children to know and serve the Lord.  As John said, “There is no greater joy than to hear that our children are walking in the truth.”  With all these things in mind and after much prayer, Brian and I have decided this would be an opportune time for Luke, our 16 year old son, and I to take a step in this direction. 
    
Luke and I will be heading to Kakinada, India in June.  It is a two week mission trip that will surely be a life changer.  We will be working with a local church and caring for the children in their orphanage.  We will teach Bible stories, play games, and share the love of Christ at their Children’s Bible Club.  I will be speaking during a women’s outreach seminar that will include many Hindu women from remote villages.  I can’t express to you strongly enough my feelings of inadequacy.  There is no way we can do this without the power of the Holy Spirit, but we believe and know that with God all things are possible.

Will you please be in prayer for my family as we take this faith walk?

We have been asked to go.  We believe that the Lord is leading us to go, but we have no idea how it will be possible.  Will you please consider supporting us?  We know that whatever the Lord requires of us, He will provide.

I’m including an envelope and a bookmark.  This is not to pressure you, but to remind you that we as Christians are all called in one way or another.

“Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation” ~Mark 16:15

If you would like to follow our journey, please go to asgabbert.blogspot.com.  We’ll do our best to keep it updated throughout the trip. 

May this light that has been placed in my heart bring glory to God in the face of Jesus Christ. (2 Cor. 4:6)
In His Service,
Angie & Luke Gabbert

No comments: